Inspiration of the Week

Inspiration of the Week
Only sometimes...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Little Backgound and Rules of the Kitchen

So I have been in the kitchen since I can remember trying to learn as much as I can from those wise women in my life that never let any of us go hungry.  I even went as far as pretending I had a cooking show when I cooked my favorite treats for my family. 
As I grew older and got out of the house, I realized that there was so much more to the world of cooking than I grew up in: spices, techniques, PASTA, and so much more of a world waiting to be discovered.  I started collecting cook books from everywhere I traveled, not that I would be able to make some of the crazy things in them, but just to give me ideas. 


I seem to have found my place in the kitchen and settled in well, none of my boyfriends have ever gone hungry, none of my friends have questioned if I would cook for the potluck dinner, and well I usually am the friend that friends come to me and ask how to cook something or if I could teach them how to navigate  the kitchen.  Not that I am some world class chef or even close to it, I just absolutely LOVE cooking, and when I am in my kitchen it is the equivalency of an artist in their studio.  What gets put on the plate every night, and each Sunday morning, is a creation of mine that sometimes is more unique than others, but yet it is all made out of love.   If I had it my way, I would have a house big enough to feed all my friends every night.  Food brings people together, and what better way get people together  for a woman who's passion is to serve... 


Food not only feeds the tummy, it gives me a way to tell those I love them that they are important to me and I would like them to stay alive... ergo I try my hardest to make things that will not kill people.  


I hope that some of the things I cook and share with you, you can easily take into your kitchen and share the love with people around you as well. 

Rules for Momma D's Kitchen:


  1.  Nothing is off limits or wrong
  2. Recipes are suggestions and guidelines
  3. Butter is amazing, but is not needed in EVERYTHING
  4. Baking is part of the woman's inner needs, do not deny it-- EVER
  5. Anyone can cook, there is no such thing as a bad cook... they are simply uneducated and haven't had fun in the kitchen yet... 
  6.  If you want to help me, wash the dishes or just watch, because usually I don't know what I am doing until it's done... 
  7. You don't have to be rich to eat good food. 
  8.  HAVE FUN!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment